- I consciously choose to be lazy. Copying speeds the process. — Ken Isaacson
- Writers who seek to be published lack ambition. — Harlen Coben
- I don’t buy the “write what you know.” How many people have actually murdered someone? — Twist Phelan
- Start with “What if” then decide what character is least suited to solve the problem. — Twist Phelan
- Know when to be vague. — John Maddox Roberts
- I’m of the “hum a few bars and fake” school. Harlen Coben
- First person is really a perception problem. — Hank Phillipi Ryan
- Dude, I’m making this up. — Harlen Coben
- I write the books I want to read. — Gary Phillips
There were so many snippets of wisdom to glean from the greatness of BoucherCon. More to follow!
- Half the people won’t get the joke
- Practice with the microphone before giving your speech
- Tell enough jokes so everyone understand at least one
- Make the kissing game interesting or glasses will be clinking all night
- As long as the ceremony takes place, any other tragedy is only a would-be tragedy
Congratulations to Sharleen and Derek! The wedding was beautiful, the reception fabulous. May the rest of your life together match.