- Bridge to Terabithia, by Katherine Paterson
- The Giver, by Lois Lowry
- Goosebumps (Series), by R.L. Stine
- A Wrinkle in Time, by Madeleine L’Engle
- Go Ask Alice, by Anonymous
- Blubber, by Judy Blume
- What’s Happening to my Body? Book for Girls: A Growing-Up Guide for Parents & Daughters, by Lynda Madaras
Note: I haven’t read this one, but really? Isn’t the point of this book rather self evident?
- The Outsiders, by S.E. Hinton
- James and the Giant Peach, by Roald Dahl
- Are You There, God? It’s Me, Margaret, by Judy Blume
For the record, it was incredibly difficult to only pick the handful here. Short of copying the whole list and cutting what I hadn’t read, I didn’t know how to pick my favorites. So I arbitrarily selected titles.
I encourage you to check out the full list: Frequently Challenge by Decade: 1990 to 1999